Monday 5 January 2015

Happy NewYear

Just completed a successful (almost) 4 month freelance graphic artworker contract at Sodexo in Swindon. And am now looking for new opportunities either freelancing or in a permanent position.

My experience and knowledge is vast and varied. I have worked agency and client side. I began my career in print and press production, where i was also involved in traffic and print buying. Here I also took a print process course.

Discovering computers at the dawn of the mac age I suddenly realised this is where my future lay. I enrolled on a desk top publishing course which saw me gain City and Guilds levels 1 and 2.

I managed to get a role that included both my mac and previous production skills, although i quickly dropped the production side and have since concentrated on the mac.

I have held roles since such as artworker, creative artworker, digital artworker, graphic designer and studio manager.

Over the years I have taken various software course such as Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Flash and Dreamweaver. And am currently taking a web designer course with the learning people.
Other software used is Abobe Photoshop and Quark Xpress.

I have worked on brand sensitive and blue chip clients such as Mercedes-Benz and smart where I created not only press and print material but also alot of digital work such as emails and flash banners. Other clients include Vodaphone, Nationwide, Sky, London Underground, AA driving school and Sodexo.

I had a career break in 2012 to recover from an operation and since then have been freelancing. Either on my own clients, which has included web design, build and maintenance, and graphic design to going into companies.

At my most recent, Sodexo, I worked in their bid team putting together large documents and various design requests. Here I worked on the latest release of the Adobe Creative suite - InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as working on Microsoft powerpoint, excel and word.

Some of my work is on my site - www.thedesignwall.co.uk or please contact me at nick@thedesignwall.co.uk if you would like to talk about roles or for a copy of my cv.

nick - jan 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment